Chicken FEED!! If I had someplace to store extra I would stock up lol! I bought 1 50lb bag scratch, 1 50lb bag layer pellets, and 1 50lb bag of rabbit pellets and it was only $29.50!! So exciting!
Yes things like that excite me...especially after I put $40 in the truck and it barely gave a quarter tank... lol
Oooo another exciting thing is that Chris found us a window for our truck...the one that was shattered awhile back by a pebble on I-44...It is the drivers side back window...the little tinted one on the dodge-- retail they want around $380 for one. Yeah right! Chris found one at a junk yard today for $125- which I think is still super high and no telling what they are going to charge to put it in. ugh. At least we have the seed money right now from fescue. And as soon as we get the straw baled we will be selling straw. They tried to bale it Monday, but it was too wet and they needed to work on the baler anyway. I think they are going to try and bale it today after Chris gets off work. (at least some of it...)
I hope to get some good pictures of them baling. I want to make Mom and Dad a huge picture collage for Christmas of things around the farm. I think it will be awesome.
Yesterday evening I took a 30-gallon trash bag FULL of TOYS to the thrift store and there are still toys everywhere. The kids haven't even seemed to miss them yet. I am sure they will miss some of them later, but oh well. We can't hold on to them forever-and they will always multiply. I also took a 30-gallon bag FULL of clothes--need to take a few more! lol I realized the other day that I really don't have very many clothes of my own that I can wear. It is sad really. Chris and I share t-shirts, shorts, socks, and even shoes. I have 3 pairs of jeans that are all TOO big and 5-6 shirts that are nicer (church-ish) and a couple jean skirts. Chris has like 10 pairs or more of jeans, work shirts, and a few church button ups. Then we have the t-shirts...most of them are stained and have holes...and then we have about 4 pairs of shorts that we wear swimming and around the house. In the winter we share hoodies and sweats too...and coats. We wear the same size in shoes so he wears my good cowboy boots for good and I wear flip-flops mostly in the summer. This winter he is going to HAVE to get him some new boots. I guess he should be lucky that I am not a high maintenance girly girl!
2 comments:
I am just happy gas is under 4 dollars again!
it never got over $4 here so I guess I can't say that. Gas did go up though it was down to $3.14 a gallon and now it is back up to $3.32 a gallon. Diesel is $3.64 a gallon...ugh
Post a Comment