I only have 2 baby muscovies left... On friday something happened to 14 of them and I don't know what. It happened in about 4 hours...I went out at 3 and saw them all with mama and even took pics! (will share in a moment) and then at 7 when I went out to feed the rabbits there were only 2 yellow ducklings and the mama was wandering around. She wasn't paying any attention to the 2 ducklings so I caught them and I know have them in a brooder. So sad.
Here are the adorable pics I took earlier that day:
Here are the adorable pics I took earlier that day:
And then saturday something got our Pekin...
and I think one of our bunnies is going to die today...
July has been such a rough month!
2 comments:
Sorry about your Pekin. I lost 2 ducklings recently. Dunno if something got them or if they are indeed just lost.
We've had a hard time keeping our muscovies alive as well! We had 3 mamas each hatch off 8 or 10 ducklings this past spring. Now all the mamas are gone and we only have 5 surviving ducklings! They have gotten pretty big, now, and I hope that we will have more ducklings next year from them. If only we could figure a good way to keep them safe!
Post a Comment