ARHGDSJHlfkdjh!
Anyone that has animals knows it is always a gamble with predators. But we do try our best to keep them safe. This week we have had major losses though. Our Blue Slate Tom Turkey was killed by a coyote along with Garfield, Bucky, and at least 7 chickens. Has not been a good week at all. I know it has to be a coyote because all that is left of the chickens is feathers...and he just kills the cats and leaves them in the yard. Thankfully my husband found Bucky this morning and discarded him before the kids saw. I guess it was pretty gruesome. I am trying to talk my hubby into sitting up most of the night with the gun...
I guess on a happier note though, a couple of my muscovey hens have started laying again, so hopefully I can hatch out some more ducklings! I have a broody EE still, and I am thinking about saving back some of my other eggs and trying to hatch some.
Anyone that has animals knows it is always a gamble with predators. But we do try our best to keep them safe. This week we have had major losses though. Our Blue Slate Tom Turkey was killed by a coyote along with Garfield, Bucky, and at least 7 chickens. Has not been a good week at all. I know it has to be a coyote because all that is left of the chickens is feathers...and he just kills the cats and leaves them in the yard. Thankfully my husband found Bucky this morning and discarded him before the kids saw. I guess it was pretty gruesome. I am trying to talk my hubby into sitting up most of the night with the gun...
I guess on a happier note though, a couple of my muscovey hens have started laying again, so hopefully I can hatch out some more ducklings! I have a broody EE still, and I am thinking about saving back some of my other eggs and trying to hatch some.
1 comment:
I know what you are feeling! We've lost too many animals in the past, no matter how hard we've tried to keep them safe! I guess that is one of the sad parts to this adventure, but it sounds as though you guys are doing great, overall! And I love what I'm reading in your blog; doing some catching up on your posts right now!
God Bless,
Eric
Post a Comment