State Fair Tractor Pull is today. Chris and Dad left at 4am this morning. Our new bottle calf won't suck. Great.
The Bottle Calf-
He is really cute- all black and you couldn't tell that he is a dairy steer. He is 1/2 black angus and 1/2 guernsey. He was born Monday. Craig Westfall (our neighbor) gave him to us for payment for square baling some hay for him. I just hope this calf doesn't die. It is scouring bright yellow and very runny. I have no one to help me. I worked with it this morning for 1 1/2 hours. It has no intrest in its mommas milk- (which I think turned bad but I don't know) I got it to drink some milk replacer but not much. Hopefully later it will drink some more. I wish I knew what else to do.
Gotta get ready to go to Buffalo in a moment. Meeting Goldie at 9 to sell her some of Cooper's clothes. Hope she likes them. I just want to get rid of them.
Then I need to do a bit of grocery shopping at Woods. Maybe even go to MFA and get some stuff.
It is so humid this morning. My shirt was wet from working with that calf. It is only 72 degrees out there, but the humidity is almost 100 % ugh. I like the breeze though. Yesterday it only got up to 78 degrees and I was able to keep the windows open all day.
When I get back from town I am going to work on the Brooder house. Chris didn't think I could even make the bottom frame and he admitted last night that I did a really good job and that I surprised him. :) It takes a lot for him to admit that! He said he didn't think I knew anything about building things...I made a birdhouse in 9th grade! Just because I am a girl he didn't think I could do it-showed him! BWah hahah
2 comments:
I pray the calf makes it, good luck with it tonight!
Thanks- it is already doing a lot better :0)
Post a Comment