Sunday, August 15

Argh So Irriatated!

I went over to mom and dad's house this afternoon while the kids and Chris slept.  Somehow or the other we started talking about food.  I have told mom over and over again that I have not bought frozen chicken since March---since I watched Food Inc., she won't watch the movie-she said she doesn't want to know.  But she insists on telling me that Wood's has frozen chicken tenders on sale for $4.98 a 3 lb bag.  While yes it is a good sale, I don't really care because I don't buy them.  She just doesn't understand and refuses to act like she even cares about what she eats.  All of my life my mom has been on Weight Watchers and has tried other various weight loss programs.  She says she always wants to eat as healthy as she can- but she still insists on cooking with cream of mushroom soup and frozen chicken.  She buys a lot of frozen dinners and canned vegetables.  I was raised that way and have taught myself to eat better.  She thinks I am nuts.  But she can't figure out why she is always so tired and feels so blah all the time.  She drinks Diet Coke by the 2 liter bottles daily.  I tried to tell her that I was worried about her and dad and the way they eat.  They said they have been eating this way for 50 some years and aren't going to change.  But they just can't see that they haven't been eating hte same because the food industries have changed for the worse.  If I could just get them to buy organic once in awhile.  I guess I should be happy that they do eat grass fed beef (since we raise our own) and a few fresh veggies (even though they do use pesticides).  I haven't always been this way but I want my kids to be healthy and not overweight like Chris and I.  Don't get me wrong I let the kids have all sorts of sweets, Cooper knows that he can get nuggets at McDonald's and he loves Dr. Pepper- but I am trying to change all that slowly. 
Since March I have went from 291.7 pounds to 260.4 pounds.  I was on that diet until mid April but after that I was just really starting to watch my weight.  While the weight hasn't come off drastically fast- I do feel much better and know that I am still losing.

No comments: