Thursday, January 20

Well I have been busy

These past few days have been really good.  My brand new washing machine was delivered on Tuesday- and I love it!  I never thought I would be so excited about doing laundry but I am!  My laundry pile in my bedroom had gotten quite large...and well, I love doing laundry right now!  Here are some pictures:



Clothes...I have way too many that I don't wear.  What to do with them? I guess I should donate them to Goodwill, but it is so hard for me to let go of some of them.  Like my Prom Dress- I only wore it once...in 2004 - I have tried to sell it but not any luck.  and I might wear it again someday... lol-doubtful.  I also have the dress that I wore to the carnival my freshman year...omg that was 10 years ago! I feel so old now.  I guess I just need to donate all of it.  I have some shoes too...

Other stuff- what do you do with it? The knick knacks, books, yard sale stuff that didn't sell at the yard sale.  Do the thrift stores really want it? I don't want it to just go to the landfill-that would make me feel bad. surely someone could use it.  I think I have too much clutter in my life.  sigh.

On another note, I have been cooking like crazy this week.  Monday I made a delicious Angel Food Cake with blue 7 minute icing. It was divine!  I used a different recipe for the icing and it turned out PERFECT.  Chris said it was as good as Grandma DeHart's (BIG POINTS in my book!!).  I took a picture of it too..

Here is the recipe for the cake and icing:

Angel Food Cake:


12 Egg whites, set at room temp for 30 minutes

1 c cake flour

1  1/4 c confectioner's sugar

1  1/2 tsp cream of tartar

1  1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1  1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated sugar

 

 Sift confectioner's sugar and flour together, set aside. Combine egg white, cream of tarter, extracts, and salt- beat on high speed. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until stiff peaks form. Fold in flour mixture.

Pour into a 10" ungreased tube pan. Cut through batter with knife.

Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

 
Seven Minute Frosting:
  • 4 egg white, room temp 30 minutes
  • 1  3/4 C sugar
  • 1/2 c water
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tarter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract

 
In a saucepan (medium size) bring sugar and water to a boil, continue boiling for 5 minutes or until firm ball stage.
Meanwhile, beat egg whites and cream of tarter until foamy- Slowly pour in HOT sugar misture; continue to beat for 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form (took me about 10 minutes on the 12 speed setting) Add extracts, continue beating 2-3 minutes or until the desired consistency is reached.

 

 

 
Last night/yesterday I made a pork roast in the crockpot.  I cooked it with Onion Soup mix and water, along with mushrooms and onions.  I added carrots around 2pm.  I mashed some potatoes and made gravy to go with it.  It was soooo good.  Chris said it was the best supper I had cooked in a long while.  I bought bread flour the other day, I am going to make some bread soon.

I think it is the weather that is putting me in this mood.  It started snowing again yesterday.  We have about 5 inches and it is bitterly cold outside.  I love to cook, and when I can't leave the house- I have to entertain myself somehow. lol.

Well guess I need to get back to folding clothes...

No comments: