Yesterday I made an awesome Cran-Apple Jam. I just sorta made the recipe up - most of the recipes I had looked at called for lemon juice for acid. Well I didn't have any lemon juice, but I had crushed pineapple. So I used a can of crushed pineapple in it and it turned out awesome!
Here is my recipe:
Cranberry Apple Jam
2 bags Cranberries (approx 6 cups)
8-10 medium apples - I used 4 different varieties
1 20oz can of crushed pineapple
4-5 cups of sugar (taste before adding the fifth)
Mix everything together and cook down. Bring to a rolling boil and hold 8-10 minutes or until thick and jam like.
Process in HWB pints 15 minutes, 1/2 pints 10 minutes.
Also wanted to share a Cranberry Salad recipe that is our Thanksgiving's Cranberry Staple. We don't do he canned stuff and Thanksgiving would not be the same without this stuff:
Cranberry salad
1 package raw cranberries ground up in a food processor add 2 cups sugar set aside for 1 hour
Then take 2 large packages of Jell-o (cherry or Strawberry) – prepare and set until syrupy.
Then add 1 large can crushed pineapple drained add cranberry mixture and add pecans. Let set up and then serve.
We usually halve the recipe for our Thanksgiving though. This recipe is from a lady named Tess Dukes. She was one of the best cooks I know.
1 comment:
Looks really pretty in your jar :)
Post a Comment