Tuesday, November 15

Money is the Root of all Evil

I have heard that Money is the Root of all EVIL all of my life.  I never really thought about it until these past few months.  Everything revolves around money it seems.  Life revolves around money.  Life should revolve around happiness but in many families it does not.  Now I know happiness can be defined in many different ways.  Different things make different people happy.  Personally I am happy if everyone in my family is happy and taken care of.
Tonight Chris and I decided to quit using food stamps.  We have been on them for 4 years this month.  I can a lot of things, and we have a lot of meat in the freezers.  We are surrounded by animals.  God is providing for us but we are overlooking Him.  The government wants us to fail.  They don’t want us to make money.  Money IS the root of ALL evil. 
I will continue to go to school if I can if I can’t afford it I will just quit and substitute teach.  After this semester I will have enough credits to do so. 
I have dreams, but they can be put back on the back burner- they are unimportant.  My children come first.  I don’t want my kids to grow up thinking that they are doing without, but I want them to know how to be frugal.  I don’t want my kids to be the weird kids, but I want them to set a statement and be different.  I know they already are different, but good different.  It is better for them I know. 
We are not going to eat out anymore.  We went to El Rodeo for my birthday a couple weeks ago and I was disgusted.  Usually El Rodeo is my favorite place to eat.  My food wasn’t cooked very well, proportions were smaller than usual and it was expensive.  Why did I waste money on that? Especially when we could have made it at home?  I just can’t hardly eat out anymore.  I literally get sick every time I do.  Not only do I feel queasy but the prices are just crazy expensive.
Money is the ROOT of ALL EVIL.

4 comments:

Knitters Notebook said...

How much money is enough? We live on 200.00 every two weeks...we have two teenage daughters and they don't have everything the world has but if you ask them they would tell you that they are happy...we have plenty of food and clothes..smile..

I will pray that God fills your cup to over-flowing!!!!

~~Renee

Erin said...

I am thankful that God has always provided me with everything I needed. I have never been hungry though what I had to eat may have been little or not what I wanted. I have always had a roof over my head, even if it leaked. I have always had shoes on my feet even if they were worn and old. But most important I have ALWAYS been rich with love from family, friends, and most of all our Gracious Lord.

Anonymous said...

It's not money that's the root of all evil. The Bible says it is the LOVE of money that is the root of all evil.

Erin said...

Yes I know it says that the Love of Money is the root of all evil, but really who doesn't enjoy money? Even if you are flat broke you would love for someone to give you some money. Almost everything in this world seems to cost money and therefore it has made people love money.

I hate it all. I really wish I could just go Swiss Family Robinson style back in the woods. Have our own little community that depended on trading and helping each other out.