Tuesday, November 29

I find myself changing more and more each day

I am not sure that I am going to finish school, school costs a lot of money.  Also I am not exactly sure that I ever want to go back to "work".  I enjoy being a homemaker and want to explore the more natural ways of living life and using the things that God has provided for us.

Right now I am on a search for the perfect book about foraging in Missouri/the Midwest.  I can't wait until Spring so I can find out what all we have growing around here.  I want to get back to my roots, my deep roots.  I want to be the more hippy type - I want to use natural remedies, essential oils, make my own soap, etc.  I want to grow an economical garden, I want to provide my family with the best.

Yes I still want to teach, but I don't think I would be allowed to teach what I want to teach.  Maybe after I am more versed in the things I want to learn I could teach others about them.  Teach others how to truly fend for themselves.  I like not relying on the government for handouts, it feels so powerful.  I used to be so ashamed because we were on foodstamps, not now anymore since we gave them up.  Still are not making any more money, but I feel more empowered.  I feel like I have a better hold on our lives.

I know things will be hard for awhile, money wise.  I hope though to get all our debt payed off and live off the land.  Quit depending on new material things.  In my dream world we would rely mostly on bartering, not cash.  Barter for things that you can not easily obtain.  Live like our ancestors many moons ago.  Money has become a big issue for me, and it is slowly tearing our world apart.  Everything seems to boil down to money.

On other notes my orange extract that I made turned out quite nicely and the vanilla is coming along great!  Not sure what I am going to do with almost a fifth of vanilla, but I am sure I will find people that will want it, hopefully I can sell it.  Who knows though, right? lol

The egg business hasn't been going so well.  It sucks when the hens are not laying eggs at all.  Haven't got an egg in over a week and half.  Think I may have to buy eggs, which I haven't done in over a year or more.

Rabbit business is not going well considering all of our bucks have died and we have only does.  So no babies on the way.  Wish I could find a buck or two that has been proven.

No comments: