In times like these you need a anchor...
My Grandma Kirksey (my mom's mom) is dying. It is so hard to admit that outloud. She has been in the hospital since Sunday morning and is going home tomorrow with Hospice, IF she makes it through the night. She has battled this illness for so long- she has trouble breathing and has been on oxygen for many years. (She also smokes, but I won't go into that right now) She has been house-ridden for the past few years, only getting out here and there. She mostly sits at the kitchen table.
I feel helpless. Mom doesn't want us all up at the hospital and I feel like I should be doing something but I don't know what. I called Liz this afternoon to let her know. She doesn't really act like she cares.
be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid rock....
Mom also found out that Grandpa Kirksey has prostate cancer. He has had it before and now it is back. He doesn't want treatment because he did not do good with it last time- it made him really sick.
As far as I know Grandma does not know our precious Savior. Please pray for our family. I know my mom is struggling and I don't know what to do because I am not strong when it comes to this stuff.
this rock is Jesus, yes He is the One This rock is Jesus the Only One
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
In times like these you need the Bible
In times like these o be not idle
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
This Rock is Jesus, The only One
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
In times like these, I have a Savior
In times like these, I have an anchor
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
This Rock is Jesus, The only One
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
My Grandma Kirksey (my mom's mom) is dying. It is so hard to admit that outloud. She has been in the hospital since Sunday morning and is going home tomorrow with Hospice, IF she makes it through the night. She has battled this illness for so long- she has trouble breathing and has been on oxygen for many years. (She also smokes, but I won't go into that right now) She has been house-ridden for the past few years, only getting out here and there. She mostly sits at the kitchen table.
I feel helpless. Mom doesn't want us all up at the hospital and I feel like I should be doing something but I don't know what. I called Liz this afternoon to let her know. She doesn't really act like she cares.
be very sure, be very sure, your anchor holds and grips the solid rock....
Mom also found out that Grandpa Kirksey has prostate cancer. He has had it before and now it is back. He doesn't want treatment because he did not do good with it last time- it made him really sick.
As far as I know Grandma does not know our precious Savior. Please pray for our family. I know my mom is struggling and I don't know what to do because I am not strong when it comes to this stuff.
this rock is Jesus, yes He is the One This rock is Jesus the Only One
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
In times like these you need the Bible
In times like these o be not idle
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
This Rock is Jesus, The only One
Be very sure, be very sure
Your anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
In times like these, I have a Savior
In times like these, I have an anchor
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
This Rock is Jesus, Yes, He's the one
This Rock is Jesus, The only One
I'm very sure, I'm very sure
My anchor holds and grips the Solid Rock
| Grandma and Grandpa Kirksey September 25, 2010 Their 60th Wedding anniversary. |
2 comments:
You and your Grandma are in our prayers.
Thanks, it really means a lot. They brought grandma home this afternoon. Last night some of my family and I cleaned up their house and moved furniture so Hospice could set everything up today. That was exhausting both physically and mentally. Between this, school, and financial issues within my family I am so tired and stressed out. I need a vacation so badly both physically and mentally. If you can understand where I am coming from.
Post a Comment