Friday, August 12

We have been having wonderful revival services

I have went every night except 2 nights so far and have really enjoyed the services.  We have had from 2-5 people in the altar at a time, great singing, great preaching, great testimonies, and everything in between.  No one has been saved yet that we know of in our revival but have heard of others saved in other revivals.  I know Half Way had 2 saved two nights ago and 3 joined the church.  I assume they will be baptizing on Sunday if the river is deep enough.

Chris says he doesn't have the calling to go to the altar anymore and that he is confused.  He thinks he was saved 4 years ago but he doesn't know.  I told him that if he only thinks he better be finding out.  I know he is confused about some things and it is hard for me to tell which way because I have thoughts about the same things.  I hope he can figure it out all soon.

We have been really busy around here.  I start school on the 22nd, Cooper turns 4 on the 21st and he will start preschool sometime.  I hate how slow and unorganized Half Way is about preschool.  Most schools had screening in March and Half Way hasn't done squat.  I finally got ahold of the Elementary secretary and she said oh you aren't on the list. Well DUH! HE has never been to school.  How do they expect for people to find out these things?  She asked for all his info- name and date of birth and our phone number & address and said the teacher would be in contact.  UGH this is exactly why I don't want my kids to go to Half Way.  They are a small school, yet they act like they are dealing with 100's of kids.  I would like for Cooper to go up there and have a tour of the school and everything, because he is scared about it.  But who knows what they are doing.  Erylene (the secretary) said they usually start after Labor Day.  The rest of the school started 2 days ago.  I think after the kids have been in preschool and possible Kindergarten I will home school.  We will see.  I know my parents will hit the roof about it, they don't like the idea, but oh well.  I would like to teach them the important things in life.  30 minutes a week is not enough Bible Study time.  I just want what is best for my kids.

Tomorrow we have another tractor pull, kinda hate to go b/c I will miss church, but I have to go.  At least it will be a bit cooler.

Next Saturday we are taking the kids to the ZOO for Cooper's birthday.  Hopefully it won't be too crowded and hot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post. What's a tractor pull?

Erin said...

Seriously? You have never heard of tractor pulls? kinda hard to explain without going to one but I will try.

Basically our tractors are 1957 and older have to be Agriculture type tractors (no prototypes ie homemade) Each tractor is separated into divisions based on strength and then into weight classes (how much tractor and driver weighs) Our weight classes are from 2500 to 7500 pounds and we have 3 divisions.

Each tractor pulls a sled ( will try to post a picture so you can get an idea or you can you tube antique tractor pulls) The Sled has a weighted box that moves upwards at different speeds. Who ever can pull the sled the farthest without spinning out, or going out of bounds wins the class. Our tracks are usually around 180 feet or so. It is a lot of fun- been going to pulls for 23 years now. :) I am the secretary and treasurer of our club so I get stuck with all the paper work and announcing...and writing the checks/passing out trophies. My dad pulls in the National Association-- NATPA and has been all over the USA. When I was in High School I got to go with him. SO much fun and you meet so many different people!