Don't get me wrong, I love being a stay at home mom, but sometimes I just want a break! Since my sister went off the deepend I don't have a babysitter aka grandma and papa since they have Jake full time now. My kids have only spent the night there a couple of times and whenever mom and dad need to do something I get stuck with Jake. I love Jake, I really do-but he and Cooper fight constantly! Everyone says it is just because Jake is 6 and Cooper is 3 but I think Jake is a bully. Everything has to be HIS way no matter what and he is always right. It drives me nuts. He will argue with you until he/you are blue in the face. He treats Cooper like he is dumb because he doesn't know as much.
Today Chris and dad decided to go to an auction. I wanted to go but dad didn't want to deal with Jake so I have to stay home and babysit Jake with my kids. Mom is at work and then she has to go to a funeral. My plans were if I didn't get to go to the auction then I would go grocery shopping-well I can't do either and its not FAIR! I know I am whining but I just want a break once in awhile where I can go to town and not have to worry about getting everything done before naptime, or changing diapers in the car, or getting home intime to pick up the kids. I just want to go to town and have the day to myself. I would also like to have a night with just Chris and I. I don't care if we stay at home, I want to be able to stay up as late as we want and sleep as late as we want. We have to go to bed at 8 or so since Sophia sleeps in the living room and even if we don't go to sleep we have to be really quiet and keep the tv in our room turned down low.
I want to be able to cook supper and sit down and eat with Chris at the same time. Whenever I cook Chris comes and gets his plate and sits down. I then fix Cooper's and Sophia's and then mine. By the time I sit down to eat Chris is already done and in the shower. I wish we had a bigger house so we could have a kitchen table so we could all sit down together.
But I guess I shouldn't complain too much because there are other people that have worse problems than I. I should be lucky that I have a family who loves me and cares for me. I am happy with my life most of the time and I love all my animals, friends, family, neighbors, church families... but life isn't perfect all the time. No ones life is perfect.
And to top it all off-just looked outside a bit ago and 2 of the big steers were in the front yard-down by the highway. Thankfully we have a fence in our front yard, but the driveway isn't gated off. I got them back in, but it seems like something always goes wrong when dad and Chris leave.
Oh well- here are a few pics I took the other day. Love this pic of Sophia:
Today Chris and dad decided to go to an auction. I wanted to go but dad didn't want to deal with Jake so I have to stay home and babysit Jake with my kids. Mom is at work and then she has to go to a funeral. My plans were if I didn't get to go to the auction then I would go grocery shopping-well I can't do either and its not FAIR! I know I am whining but I just want a break once in awhile where I can go to town and not have to worry about getting everything done before naptime, or changing diapers in the car, or getting home intime to pick up the kids. I just want to go to town and have the day to myself. I would also like to have a night with just Chris and I. I don't care if we stay at home, I want to be able to stay up as late as we want and sleep as late as we want. We have to go to bed at 8 or so since Sophia sleeps in the living room and even if we don't go to sleep we have to be really quiet and keep the tv in our room turned down low.
I want to be able to cook supper and sit down and eat with Chris at the same time. Whenever I cook Chris comes and gets his plate and sits down. I then fix Cooper's and Sophia's and then mine. By the time I sit down to eat Chris is already done and in the shower. I wish we had a bigger house so we could have a kitchen table so we could all sit down together.
But I guess I shouldn't complain too much because there are other people that have worse problems than I. I should be lucky that I have a family who loves me and cares for me. I am happy with my life most of the time and I love all my animals, friends, family, neighbors, church families... but life isn't perfect all the time. No ones life is perfect.
And to top it all off-just looked outside a bit ago and 2 of the big steers were in the front yard-down by the highway. Thankfully we have a fence in our front yard, but the driveway isn't gated off. I got them back in, but it seems like something always goes wrong when dad and Chris leave.
Oh well- here are a few pics I took the other day. Love this pic of Sophia:
2 comments:
Get it off your chest! Have a nice glass of white wine in the evening, helps take the edge off! Turn on a movie for the kids and vege out1 Wish I could help you, every mom deserves time off.
I feel ya sister! 2 babies under 2 at home and NO ONE to help me other than their father. We have not been alone in 3 years!
Post a Comment